Internal Communications Lead (Director), Wärtsilä
Location: Helsinki (preferred)
Recruitment ends: 16.9.
Further information: Atte Palomäki, mob. +358405476390 (on Friday 28.8., Wednesday 2.9. and Monday 7.9.) and Tiia Leino, mob. +358504828149
Wärtsilä Communications & Branding leads inspirational best in class communications and branding to boost Wärtsilä’s reputation and business. Our aim is to position Wärtsilä as a strong and agile, sustainable technology leader, providing key stakeholders a consistent, true & fair view of the company. We drive a collaborative culture to increase the motivation and performance of our people.
We are looking for:
an Internal Communications Lead to join our team! The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of the principles of effective and motivational communications and can effectively apply these across the Wärtsilä organisation.
We are looking for someone able to crystallize the views of the executive management into concise messages to support the Brand Purpose and business strategies, to ensure they reach their intended audiences, whilst keeping the overall amount of communication at an optimal level.
In this role, you will be tasked with:
- Leading and developing Wärtsilä’s internal communications across the company – working as a team with and acting as a host for the internal communications community
- Forming and maintaining a “One Wärtsilä” helicopter view of all internal communications activities, ensuring information reaches all relevant internal audiences
- Developing a compelling “One Wärtsilä” narrative to motivate employees and to provide direction and a sense of purpose
- Producing aligned content (tone of voice, key messages) for various channels (“internal reporter”) with the team based on a clear editorial calendar – also lifting up business specific external content to be communicated internally at a global Wärtsilä level
- Speechwriting for executives
- Acting as the editor in chief of Wärtsilä’s intranet (Compass) and WTV system
- Developing the channel mix and competences for internal communications
- Supporting executive team (Board of Management) messaging and internal positioning
- Coaching the executive team in their messaging and delivery
- Leading the communication planning and messaging of key corporate projects and campaigns (reorganisations, transformation, culture etc.)
- Developing the communication framework by collecting employee feedback and user data
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or other relevant field
- Extensive experience working in corporate communications
- Proven management and collaboration competences
- Team player as well as the ability to work independently
- Project management and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations and geographies
- Excellent written and spoken English
An ideal candidate will also display the following skills/ attributes:
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from colleagues
- Speaking skills: You need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to deliver presentations
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with the Businesses, HR and other global functions
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Technical skills: Familiarity with CommTech; especially social media, podcasts and video, is essential
- Self-starter: Although a team player, you are self-motivated, confident in your abilities, creative and outcome focused
- Seniority: You need to have sufficient experience, confidence and persuasion skills to effectively coach and support the executive team in developing their communications skills
- Financial: The ability to plan and deliver outcomes to budget
For further information, please contact:
Atte Palomäki,EVP, Communications, Branding & Marketing. Mobile phone +358405476390 on Friday 28.8., Wednesday 2.9. and Monday 7.9.
Tiia Leino, HR Director, Global Functions, Mobile phone +358504828149