Head of global communications team, Kemira
Location: Helsinki, Finland or Atlanta, USA
Apply by: August 26th 2019
Head of Communications, Tero Huovinen
phone +358 50 409 9373.
Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to be our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
Kemira Communications and Corporate Responsibility is a value-adding partner to Kemira’s business, creating effective strategies for stakeholder reach and engagement. The Communications function has global responsibility for employee, media, customer and other key stakeholder communications, brand and corporate identity development, as well as corporate responsibility management and reporting, including public affairs and advocacy activities. Our team is very strategy and business driven, outcome focused, proactive and works with high integrity. We are used to working in a global environment representing many different cultures.
We are looking for a head of global communications team. The team is responsible for Kemira’s external stakeholder communications, including e g media, decision-makers and general public, as well as employee communications on corporate, but also regional level. Director of Global Communications has overall responsibility of Kemira’s key stakeholder communications incl advocacy work, media relations, crisis communications and employee communications. You will also lead the creation of Kemira’s content development roadmap and the overall performance of the global communication processes. The person in this position would need expertise, knowledge and drive to develop new ways of working and abilities to influence and get things implemented in Kemira’s organization.
The position is located either in Helsinki or in Atlanta and will report to Senior Vice President, Communications.
Qualifications and required experience
- Master’s degree from relevant field of studies with work experience from a similar role in an international environment.
- Strong track record in managing multiple projects simultaneously in a global organization
- B2B communications experience and good business acumen
- Understanding of public affairs and advocacy work related processes
- Interest and experience of digital communications, including social media communications
- Capability for strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Appetite for driving change, employee engagement and developing new ways of working
- Abilities to influence and implement new things in a global matrix organization
- Familiar with outcome focused communications planning
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Establishes Global Communication team’s priorities, metrics, budgeting
- Supervises members of the team including performance management and professional development opportunities.
- Leads the development and execution of communication plans through global and regional teams. Communications resourcing for projects and overseeing the implementation.
- Media relations, managing media inquiries, PR events and media monitoring
- Advocacy work.
- Crisis comms and issue mgmt.
- Communications consulting & training.
- Comms lead and support for companywide initiatives, e.g. MWB, org. changes, Annual Report, EHSQ/Safety.
- Ensures all communication materials are in concert with Kemira’s positions and communication policy, and supports in aligning messages and coordinate release of communication deliverables, e.g. press releases, talking points, key messages, articles, speeches, presentations, newsletters, briefs, blogs, annual reports.
- Overall responsibility of messaging and delivery of strategic plan and executive updates to employees.
- Oversees the development and tracking of metrics and success criteria for external and employee communications activities. Monitors and measures the overall effectiveness and impact of both the employee and external communication activities.
For more information, please contact Head of Communications, Tero Huovinen by email email@example.com or by phone +358 50 409 9373.
Submit your CV and application to us through our internal careers website latest by August 26th 2019:
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers, product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas, mining and water treatment. In 2018, Kemira had annual revenue of EUR 2.6 billion, ca. 4,900 employees and sales in over 100 countries. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.