Head of Communications, Hybrid CoE
Apply by: 29.1.2021
More information: Director Teija Tiilikainen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats (Hybrid CoE) is seeking a
HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
to be in charge of internal and external communications. She/he will also take an active part in day-to-day communication activities.
Together with the communications team which she/he leads, the Head of Communications is responsible for the planning and running of day-to-day communications, the Centre’s publication process, online presence, media relations, event management, strategic communications, and crisis communications preparedness.
The Head of Communications acts in close cooperation with the Centre’s leadership and is a member of its Executive Team.
The position is for a two-year term with the possibility of extension.
- An academic degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or similar
- Good experience of communications, including an understanding of strategic communication to advance organizational goals
- Experience in supervisory duties
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and to coordinate activities effectively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Availability to travel
- Citizenship of one of Hybrid CoE’s participating states
- Good knowledge of foreign and security policy and/or hybrid threat-related issues
- Experience of working in an international environment and in an EU/NATO context in particular
We offer an interesting and dynamic position in a stimulating international environment.
The European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats is an international expert organization of 28 Participating States with a Secretariat in Helsinki, Finland. The Centre employs around 35 experts of different nationalities, and the working language is English.
A security clearance will be conducted on the person selected for the position.
Applications including a letter of motivation, CV and salary request should be submitted no later than 5 February at 16.00 CET (extended application period) to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact:
Director Teija Tiilikainen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants preferring to make enquiries by phone should make the arrangements with PA Suvi Järvinen (email@example.com).
Hybrid CoE’s mission is to improve the preparedness and capabilities of its Participating States in countering hybrid threats, and to strengthen cooperation between the European Union and NATO in this respect. Hybrid CoE operates through networks of governmental officials, researchers and representatives of the private sector, whose activities are managed and coordinated by the Secretariat.