Group Communications trainee, Amer Sports
Apply by: 16.5.
More information: Group Communications Manager Maija Joki-Korpela tel. 044-4131448 on Tuesday 4.5.2021 at 13-16 and Tuesday 11.5.2021 at 10-12
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto and Wilson. The company’s technically advanced sports equipment, footwear, and apparel improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities. Amer Sports’ sales network covers nearly 30 countries and we have some 9,000 employees worldwide. Read more: www.amersports.com
We are looking for a trainee to join our Group Communications team.
Group Communications is in charge of Amer Sports’ group-level internal and external communications. The trainee would work closely together with the Group Communications Manager. The Group Communications team works at the company headquarters in Vallila, Helsinki.
We are looking for a trainee with some prior experience in communications. The person chosen for the role should be able to work somewhat independently after their onboarding period but help and guidance are always available – you won’t have to work and solve problems alone. We appreciate a hands-on approach to work, the courage to ask questions, and the willingness to learn and develop. In this global role, the official working language is primarily English (no need to be a native English speaker, good written and spoken ability required).
We offer a versatile role where you can learn how group communications is done in a global company.
Requirements for the position:
- Some prior experience in communications (e.g. a summer job or previous traineeship)
- Ability to work in English, good written and spoken skills
- Suitable education (e.g. Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field)
Experience in the following fields is considered an asset:
- photo editing (Photoshop)
- video editing
- website editing (WordPress)
- corporate social media tools (e.g. Tweetdeck)
The trainee would work on the following topics (among other things):
- Intranet: content planning and creation, updating sites
- Intranet renewal project: coordinating changes that other Group Functions want to have on their intranet sites and working together with IT on creating the new Intranet
- Co-ordinating media and social media monitoring
- Updating corporate materials (company presentation, templates, videos etc.)
- Co-ordinating the joint email account of the communications team
- Updating the company website
- 30–37,5h / week, according to the trainee’s wishes. We would like the trainee to work on 4 to 5 days a week.
- This is a fixed-term position of 6 months.
- At the beginning of the traineeship, we recommend working at the Vallila office. But after an onboarding period, remote working is also possible.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
- Salary according to the salary recommendation of the Union of Communications Professionals (Viesti ry)
Application period: Please send your application and CV latest on 16.5.2021 to jenni.kuure (at) amersports.com. We will interview candidates already during the application period.
For additional information, please contact Group Communications Manager Maija Joki-Korpela tel. 044-4131448 on Tuesday 4.5.2021 at 13-16 and Tuesday 11.5.2021 at 10-12.