Communications Manager, Valio
Apply by: 6.12.
More information: Communications Director Helena Karhujoki, tel. +358 50 911 7059 (26.11. at 9.00-10.00 or 1.12. at 15.00-16.30)
Valio is looking for a
Communications Manager (external communications & stakeholder relations)
to lead Valio’s external communications and develop an active dialogue with stakeholders – from media to decision makers and NGOs. Want to be part of a team of warm-hearted Valio people who have a shared purpose? We want to revolutionise milk production and make it carbon-neutral by 2035. At the same time, we are developing innovative food solutions.
As Communications Manager, you are responsible for developing and implementing Valio’s group-level communication in Finland and globally. You work with strategy, business, sustainability, and R&D topics in close collaboration with colleagues in these areas. Our Group Communications team is part of Valio’s Sustainability and Stakeholder Relations function.
Your main responsibilities include both strategic planning and hands-on tasks:
- Creating external communication plans and content
- Providing information to Finnish and global media
- Supporting Valio’s experts and top management in communication-related issues
- Engaging in active dialogue with external stakeholders (e.g. media, decision makers, NGOs, educational institutions)
- Leading a network of global communications colleagues within Valio
- Managing crisis communications together with the communications director
- Leading Valio’s sustainability reporting
- Good communication and people skills
- Proactive and service-minded
- Excellent writing skills with a down-to-earth tone
- Interest in following social discussion and politics
- Good presentation skills (you aren’t shy in front of the camera)
- Calm approach and good prioritizing skills (plans can suddenly change)
- Fluent in Finnish and English (Swedish is a plus!)
- At least five years of relevant experience, e.g. in journalism, corporate communications or public affairs
- A degree majoring e.g. in communications, journalism, business or political science
We offer the broad opportunities of an international and forward-looking food company and a welcoming and supportive company culture. We invite you to experiment and learn with us.
For more information about this position, please contact Communications Director Helena Karhujoki, tel. +358 50 911 7059, on 26 November between 9.00 and 10.00 or on 1 December between 15.00 and 16.30.
Please send your application, including CV and salary request, by 6 December 2020 through the job application page.
At Valio, we work together to make life better. Our innovative community develops and produces nutritious food products that are loved by consumers in 60 countries. We are Finland’s biggest food exporter. We are driven by a responsible mindset in everything we do, and we are working with our partners to make our milk carbon neutral by 2035.
Valio is a company owned by Finnish family farmers, employing over 4,000 people around the world in various career fields. We make it a priority that our people can grow and develop in their work, and we want to give them the best ingredients to do so.