Communications Manager, Aalto University
Haku loppuu: 27.02.2020
Lisätietoja: Jaakko Salavuo, puh. +358 50 483 6120 pe 14.2. klo 9.00-10.00 ja ti 25.2. klo 9.30-10.30.
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and nearly 400 professors. Our campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
We are now looking for a
Communications manager to the School of Chemical Engineering
Are you an ambitious communicator who is passionate about research, education and innovations that help solving grand global challenges?
If you answer yes, and you might also have experience in communications in the fields of technology, sustainability, circular economy or biomaterials, we’re interested in hearing from you.
In this position you will have a chance to help tell the world how science and technology together with art and design can provide the most innovative solutions to the pressing challenges of today. In your work, you will be supported by highly talented and creative colleagues in the university’s award-winning communications team.
“Aalto University has become a pioneer not only in Finland but also internationally by combining arts, science and technology in a unique way. Our field has a key role in creating solutions towards a more sustainable future,” says Kristiina Kruus, the Dean of the School of Chemical Engineering.
Your role and goals
In order to maximize the societal impact of chemical engineering, you will be in charge of planning and implementing a communications and marketing strategy for the School of Chemical Engineering. Additionally, you will work together with the university’s marketing network to boost the school’s student attraction efforts. You will be responsible for pitching stories and creating and nurturing good relations with international and Finnish media. Producing top level content for traditional and social media for external as well as internal purposes will be an essential part of your work.
Your experience and competences
To be successful in this role, the qualities we consider as important are:
- A university degree, e.g. in media, journalism, marketing, social sciences, business or technology
- Solid experience in strategic communications planning and execution
- In-depth knowledge and experience of communications in the fields relevant to the role
- Good understanding of research and higher education
- Insight and experience in targeted marketing operations
- Willingness to lead the work of the school’s communications and marketing coordinators as well as to guide a broader communications network
- Strong digital skills and a proven ability to produce and edit high-quality content for multiple channels
- Capacity to work well in a fluid and autonomous environment
- A strong sense of scheduling and deadline, and capability to work in multiple, demanding projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent English and/or Finnish written and verbal skills
- Willingness to listen and learn as well as to motivate, support and inspire others
- A curious and open mind
Ready to apply?
If you want to join our community of game changers, please submit your application with your CV here by February 27th, 2020. If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Communications Director Jaakko Salavuo (phone: +358 50 483 6120), available on Friday 14th of February between 9.00 and 10.00 and Tuesday 25th of February between 9.30 and 10.30 .
More about Aalto University: